Monday 20 April 2015

evaluation question 4

4. How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
I used a variety of media technologies in my construction of my music video and my ancillary texts. The first example I would like to include is photoshop. This Is what I used to create the ancillary texts. I would be using this on an apple IMac device. I felt that the apple IMac is a complicated piece of machinery to create a digital product from as there are many phrases and options and applications which to a normal person getting new to this mechanic feel it doesn't make sense and in need of instruction. Usually if I want to do something I tend to find online tutorials as the help bar at the top is no help at all. It also has different buttons like the command button (cmd) and different symbols which also can confuse those new to it. I might just be that I’m used to Microsoft PC controls. Photoshop on the other hand was handy and helpful with making my ancillary texts though it its a tough application of technology to deal with and control to be using to create my ancillary texts. One thing that I found most helpful with photoshop is the paint bucket tool which you use to create colour on a layer. If you look at what I have done with the ancillary texts the magazine advert I created showed a dripping background which went the genre of what I was working with. This being a scary and gothic tone to the advert and create an emotion for my audience to collect that certain wow factor which drags audiences in and invites the right audience to enjoy the medium for it being relatable to those audiences. Another technology I used is the Imac which is what was available to me in my media class room which is a great piece of equipment to use and can create some great medium with it as the desktop and applications available is quick and helpful to create a media product which can look professional and creative. This technology however is a very complicated system to work as it has an awkward mouse which struggles to double click so you have to press ctrl and then click which can be frustrating. Another way it is complicated is the different tabs just piling on to each other which can be annoying if your using more than one application and pop ups from other applications get in the way and can distract you from your work. One thing that I used to record my product was a Nikon coolpix L320 camera when making my music video. The good features about this camera would be that its small so it can be used on tripods and is light so you can make fantastic camera angles and is easy to get into those positions to create angles making the audience feel like they are watching the band and can feel certain claustrophobia and weirdness to get the right audience watching the media product.   The bad points I can say about the camera is that the resolution is not as great as I would expect it seems like a camera that a tourist would take on holiday and show to their family instead of a camera that would be used for professional media product recordings that is going to be shown by an audience. This isn't a major issue as the quality isn't terrible to the point in which you cant see, Its just not the resolution that you would see for a magazine being sold in a shop or a digi pack being used for professional artists. Another problem with the Nikon camera is that its sound quality isn't all that great. When filming a music video sound quality isn't important but I wanted to add certain sounds from the video footage to the music video it self. This was prevented by the camera being unable to pick up good audio with the sound being directly at the camera. Also when filming outside it manages to pick up wind and which allows you to be unable to pick up any audio at all. This might be due to the fact that its more of a picture camera than a filming camera however it can perform both actions on the camera. This being a music video like I said before it doesn't matter about the audio as the sound is the song being made into a music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment